As Contracts Advisor you will be a key member of the Bibby Marine Team and will be involved in a variety of commercial / contractual matters supporting Bibby Marine and each of its subsidiaries; Bibby Maritime Limited, Bibby Marine Services Limited and Bibby HydroMap Limited. You will be required to provide support to the senior management team during pre-contract (e.g. tendering) and post contract (e.g. project delivery and dispute resolution) activities. Furthermore, you will assist with the insurance programme for Bibby Marine and its subsidiaries.
Assisting senior management within Bibby Marine and its subsidiaries with updates to corporate Risk Registers.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Endeavour to ensure contracts are negotiated and drafted optimally and managed through life to the best interest of the Bibby contracting entity.
- Assisting in advising and proactively contributing to the wider team during any negotiation process.
- Working positively and proactively with clients during any project / negotiations.
- Continual review and highlighting of any major contractual risks or issues over the course of a project to mitigate company exposure.
- Assisting with providing internal workshops around contracts and risk management.
- Assist senior management with the insurance programme for Bibby Marine and its subsidiaries, including liaising with brokers and advisors.
- Assisting with the management of insurance claims.
Experience and Skill Level Requirement:
- Degree educated, preferably with a Law bias, or similar extensive contract/commercial experience
- Experience of working in dynamic environments
- Evidence of first rate team working
- Excellent communication and presentations skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation and externally.
- Adaptability and problem solving capability
- Capability in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and similar
- Personable and with the ability to build rapport with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Willing to assist stakeholders with a range of ad-hoc contract/commercial matters and/or issues
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, including, but not limited to, NDAs/confidentiality agreements, MOUs, etc.
- Experience of working within competitive tendering processes
- Experience within an in-house legal and/or contract/commercial support team
- Experience in negotiating supplier contracts and subcontracts, and monitoring of the same
- Understanding of “standard” marine focused forms of contract, including but not limited to those issued by BIMCO, LOGIC, etc. Also experience with other standard forms including NEC3, ICC, etc
- Understanding of dispute resolution processes
- Experience of communicating, negotiating and presenting internally and externally to stakeholders
- Knowledge or familiarisation with insurance brokers / advisors / products
- Enthusiasm / passion to work in the offshore wind and shipping sector
Please submit a covering letter with your CV.
People are the most important part of our business; we deliver on our objectives by living our Values. This means each of us, at all times, strive to:
- Work together: We understand the common long-term goals across our businesses, customers, suppliers and people and we work towards them as a team.
- Be better: We challenge ourselves to be the best, finding new ways to improve everything we do today.
- Be innovative: We do everything possible to look ahead, to anticipate customer needs and deliver innovative solutions.
- Do the right thing: At all times we do the right thing, providing a quality and safe service, acting responsibly for our people, customers and the communities in which we work.
- Trust each other: We trust and empower our people to deliver the right outcomes for our business.
Why you should join us
Bibby HydroMap is an equal opportunities employer, offering a very competitive salary (strictly based on experience), and provide an attractive benefits package, including private health insurance and a company pension scheme. Bibby HydroMap invests in personnel through the Career Development Academy; offering mentoring, guidance, training and opportunities for professional development through further academic learning. Employees are also offered the opportunity to join a professional body such as the Geological Society or the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Previously named Osiris Projects, the company was acquired by Bibby Marine in 2012; a family-owned, locally headquartered company with over 200 years’ experience in the maritime industry. Rebranding to Bibby HydroMap in 2015, the company has retained autonomy, but now benefits from the backing and support of the international Bibby Line Group. The company is undergoing a period of significant growth, and our strategy is centred on both developing our core competencies and diversifying into new markets, both by discipline and geographically. For employees, this growth offers exciting opportunities and prospects for the future.
or in writing attaching a CV to:
Maritime House, 4 Brunel Road.
Croft Business Park, Bromborough
Wirral CH62 3NY
Please note offers to all new starters of the company will be subject to pre-employment checks.