This is a fast changing and dynamic environment and the successful candidate will possess excellent organisational and communication skills. You will be liaising closely with the Commercial and Operations departments and working to tight deadlines to ensure project requirements are met within the allocated time and budget. This is a full-time predominantly office-based role within our engineering department in Bromborough.
Offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package
Job Role Duties
- Support field and land based engineers
- Efficiently manage all aspects of survey equipment support
- Responsible for all equipment repair and maintenance whilst ensuring compliance with relevant standards such as LOLER and PUWER
- Logistics, warehouse and stock control
- Ensure service/maintenance agreements are in place where appropriate and that they provide best value.
- Manage and motivate to develop all personnel in engineering department.
- Ensure that department has robust systems in place for tracking equipment, inventory and assets
- Minimise survey equipment breakdown whilst providing best value for money.
- Manage financial targets as set by the company and work within budgets.
- Report departmental performance against company criteria
- Assist the commercial team with technical solutions
- Ensure compliance with EH&S and maintenance requirements
- Work closely as part of a team
- Act in a professional, safe and appropriate manner at all times
- Keep abreast of relevant technical developments, working practices and department procedures
- Must have at least five years of experience in a similar role.
- A degree or HND qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or other related engineering discipline
- Familiarity with Solid Works or CAD would also be an advantage
- Driving License
- Reliable and flexible
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good team worker
People are the most important part of our business; we deliver on our objectives by living our Values. This means each of us, at all times, strive to:
- Work together: We understand the common long-term goals across our businesses, customers, suppliers and people and we work towards them as a team.
- Be better: We challenge ourselves to be the best, finding new ways to improve everything we do today.
- Be innovative: We do everything possible to look ahead, to anticipate customer needs and deliver innovative solutions.
- Do the right thing: At all times we do the right thing, providing a quality and safe service, acting responsibly for our people, customers and the communities in which we work.
- Trust each other: We trust and empower our people to deliver the right outcomes for our business.
Why you should join us
Bibby HydroMap is an equal opportunities employer, offering a very competitive salary (strictly based on experience), and provide an attractive benefits package, including private health insurance and a company pension scheme. Bibby HydroMap invests in personnel through the Career Development Academy; offering mentoring, guidance, training and opportunities for professional development through further academic learning. Employees are also offered the opportunity to join a professional body such as the Geological Society or the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Previously named Osiris Projects, the company was acquired by Bibby Marine in 2012; a family-owned, locally headquartered company with over 200 years’ experience in the maritime industry. Rebranding to Bibby HydroMap in 2015, the company has retained autonomy, but now benefits from the backing and support of the international Bibby Line Group. The company is undergoing a period of significant growth, and our strategy is centred on both developing our core competencies and diversifying into new markets, both by discipline and geographically. For employees, this growth offers exciting opportunities and prospects for the future.
or in writing attaching a CV to:
Maritime House, 4 Brunel Road.
Croft Business Park, Bromborough
Wirral CH62 3NY
Please note offers to all new starters of the company will be subject to pre-employment checks.