As a Geophysicist within our organisation, you will be involved with the installation of geophysical systems and the acquisition and QC of geophysical data aboard a range of survey vessels. You will have a good knowledge of Company QHSE procedures and be able to identify hazards and assess safety critical situations. You will contribute to improvements in procedures and techniques on site and in the office, to ensure that client expectations are met and exceeded, where possible. You will be expected to support junior team members, when required (and contract geophysicists on occasion).
Depending on your level of experience, you may also be required to act as Party Chief aboard company and chartered vessels liaising with the Client Representative and the Bibby HydroMap Project Manager, ensuring that the clients’ scope of work is completed in a safe and efficient manner. You will maintain close contact with Bibby HydroMap personnel and clients to ensure the execution of the project according to the required specifications as stipulated in the contract.
Offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package
- Candidates should have a university degree in either a Geophysics or Geology discipline.
- Vessel based fieldwork can vary from a few days to several weeks depending on the project, therefore an ability to spend periods of time on site and away from home is essential. Additional office work will be required periodically, although site-only based roles are available for suitable candidates.
- Experience in CODA and Oasis Montaj software suites is preferred.
- Kingdom, RadExPro, SonarWiz, ESRI ArcGIS and CAD skills would be advantageous.
People are the most important part of our business; we deliver on our objectives by living our Values. This means each of us, at all times, strive to:
- Work together: We understand the common long-term goals across our businesses, customers, suppliers and people and we work towards them as a team.
- Be better: We challenge ourselves to be the best, finding new ways to improve everything we do today.
- Be innovative: We do everything possible to look ahead, to anticipate customer needs and deliver innovative solutions.
- Do the right thing: At all times we do the right thing, providing a quality and safe service, acting responsibly for our people, customers and the communities in which we work.
- Trust each other: We trust and empower our people to deliver the right outcomes for our business.
Why you should join us
Bibby HydroMap is an equal opportunities employer, offering a very competitive salary (strictly based on experience), and provide an attractive benefits package, including private health insurance and a company pension scheme. Bibby HydroMap invests in personnel through the Career Development Academy; offering mentoring, guidance, training and opportunities for professional development through further academic learning. Employees are also offered the opportunity to join a professional body such as the Geological Society or the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Previously named Osiris Projects, the company was acquired by Bibby Marine in 2012; a family-owned, locally headquartered company with over 200 years’ experience in the maritime industry. Rebranding to Bibby HydroMap in 2015, the company has retained autonomy, but now benefits from the backing and support of the international Bibby Line Group. The company is undergoing a period of significant growth, and our strategy is centred on both developing our core competencies and diversifying into new markets, both by discipline and geographically. For employees, this growth offers exciting opportunities and prospects for the future.
or in writing attaching a CV to:
Maritime House, 4 Brunel Road.
Croft Business Park, Bromborough
Wirral CH62 3NY
Please note offers to all new starters of the company will be subject to pre-employment checks.