As a Senior Hydrographic Data Processor within our organisation, you will be responsible for taking a leading role within the data processing team. You will be required to perform data processing, project planning and coordination, assisting with tendering and enquiries, and other tasks as directed in an office environment. Bibby HydroMap operate a wide range of survey techniques utilising equipment from manufacturers including QPS, Sonardyne, Applanix, C-Nav, Leica, Kongsberg, Teledyne, and iXBlue, aboard a range of survey vessels. Data processing involves the use of a suite of different software packages, including QPS QINSy, Qimera and Fledermaus, EIVA NaviModel, Blue Marble Global Mapper, NovAtel Waypoint, POSPac MMS and ESRI ArcGIS.
Job Role Duties
- Support the Processing and Reporting Manager and Operations Manager to ensure that best practice is adopted within the survey department.
- Assist Project Manager with preparation, operational planning and data processing and reporting within the project environment.
- Provide technical knowledge to the Commercials team to assist with tendering and enquiries.
- Good knowledge of survey principles and online survey equipment, and the factors affecting planning and data processing.
- Good understanding of geodesy and geodetic reference systems.
- Review of scopes of work and project documentation.
- Display effective supervision and team leadership.
- Ability to line manage a processing team, conducting annual appraisals and assisting with staff development plans.
- Assist in the evolution of technical procedures and method statements, and their monitoring and development.
- Keep up to date with industry software and processing techniques, and their integration into the company workflow.
- Ensure data is handled and organised effectively and efficiently in accordance with company procedures.
- Work closely as part of a team.
- Candidates should have a university degree in either a survey/marine related discipline and/or professional accreditation e.g. RICS. Relevant industry experience (5 years minimum) is required.
- Experience in QPS acquisition and processing software is essential.
- Experience processing datasets including bathymetry, backscatter, post-processed navigation and water column data is essential.
- NaviModel and ArcGIS software and CAD skills are advantageous.
- Previous site and leadership experience is advantageous.
- Full, clean driving license.
People are the most important part of our business; we deliver on our objectives by living our Values. This means each of us, at all times, strive to:
- Work together: We understand the common long-term goals across our businesses, customers, suppliers and people and we work towards them as a team.
- Be better: We challenge ourselves to be the best, finding new ways to improve everything we do today.
- Be innovative: We do everything possible to look ahead, to anticipate customer needs and deliver innovative solutions.
- Do the right thing: At all times we do the right thing, providing a quality and safe service, acting responsibly for our people, customers and the communities in which we work.
- Trust each other: We trust and empower our people to deliver the right outcomes for our business.
Why you should join us
Bibby HydroMap is an equal opportunities employer, offering a very competitive salary (strictly based on experience), and provide an attractive benefits package, including private health insurance and a company pension scheme. Bibby HydroMap invests in personnel through the Career Development Academy; offering mentoring, guidance, training and opportunities for professional development through further academic learning. Employees are also offered the opportunity to join a professional body such as the Geological Society or the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Previously named Osiris Projects, the company was acquired by Bibby Marine in 2012; a family-owned, locally headquartered company with over 200 years’ experience in the maritime industry. Rebranding to Bibby HydroMap in 2015, the company has retained autonomy, but now benefits from the backing and support of the international Bibby Line Group. The company is undergoing a period of significant growth, and our strategy is centred on both developing our core competencies and diversifying into new markets, both by discipline and geographically. For employees, this growth offers exciting opportunities and prospects for the future.
or in writing attaching a CV to:
Maritime House, 4 Brunel Road.
Croft Business Park, Bromborough
Wirral CH62 3NY
Applications must be submitted by 30 March 2018.
Please note offers to all new starters of the company will be subject to pre-employment checks.