Bibby HydroMap have operated a BS EN ISO 9001:2008 quality management system accredited by NQA since 1999, and were awarded OHSAS18001:2007 accreditation in late 2012. ISO14001:2004 certification was awarded in October 2013. All ISO standards are integrated into one set of company polices and procedures.
Our QHSE Policy is designed to:
- Manage QHSE matters as we would any other business critical operation
- Have a systematic approach to QHSE to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Promote a 'total safety' culture
- Maintain our commitment to environmental protection
- Be open and adaptable to our clients' needs, and adopt their methods in HSE matters if proven to be desirable
- Require contractors to manage HSE to the same level
- Develop and maintain a system of recording and monitoring Health, Safety & Environmental incidents
- Maintain a strict anti-drugs and alcohol abuse policy for all employees
A few of our HSE initiatives include:
- Safety Awards: Safety Observation awards are issued to members of staff in recognition of their positive influence, actions, or suggestions within the company
- HSE-Bulletins - Regular HSE E-Bulletin delivered digitally to all staff, detailing updates and providing guidance
- Elected HSE Committee: We have an elected committee who have responsibility to attend quarterly meetings, review safety performance and accident/incident reports, accompany the HSE Manager on inspections and remain a point of contact for staff
- Intranet HSE Information: Incident reporting is clearly visible on the company intranet, where incidents, observations and near misses can be seen along with actions taken.
- Employee Wellbeing Programme: We have an employee wellbeing programme designed to give staff free confidential information and support across a range of issues covering health, family, money and work.
- Travel Support: Wirral Council Business Support are providing travel assistance to reduce reliance on private vehicles for commuting e.g. travel plans, liaising with public transport to improve local services.